Tuscola CUSD 301 board meeting focuses on finances
The Tuscola CUSD 301 School Board met at 6 p.m. Monday, June 27.
The Tuscola board of education consists of seven board members elected to serve, without compensation, for overlapping terms of four years each. The board elects a president, vice-president and secretary to serve for two-year terms.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Tuscola CUSD 301 School Board:
Tuscola CUSD #301
School Board News – June 27, 2016 Meeting
- Approved Minutes from May 23, 2016 Meeting.
- Approved Payment of Bills in the amount of $659,828.09
- Approved Treasurer and Bookkeeper Reports.
- Accepted Donations: Syngenta (FFA) $250 and Ford of Tuscola (Dance) $100
- Approved 2016-2017 District Handbook
- Approved 2015-2016 Amended Budget
- Approved Prevailing Wage for 2016-2017
- Approved District Insurance for 2016-2017
- Approved Tuscola Education Association Contract for 2015-2018
- Approved Closed Session Minutes for January – June 2016
- Accepted Mrs. Jillian Wulff’s resignation as Elementary teacher
- Employed Mrs. Donna Dietrich as District Treasurer for 2016-2017
- Employed Mrs. Jerri Quinn as District Bookkeeper for 2016-2017
- Employed Dr. Kay Dorner as School Psychologist
- Employed Mrs. Mandy Hanner as Business teacher
- Employed Mr. Dustin Dees as Physical Education teacher
- Employed Mr. Conner Plotner as Elementary teacher
- Employed Mr. Morgan Athey as Elementary teacher
- Accepted Mr. Drew Sterkel’s resignation as Physical Education teacher
- Accepted Mrs. Ashleigh Sterkel’s resignation as Elementary teacher Information Items:
- Introduced New Staff Members: Miss Erin Peterson (1st Grade), Miss Hannah Leib (1st Grade) and Mrs. Kim Beachy (EP Library Clerk)
- Recognized Mrs. Tammy Eads as a 2015-2016 Retiree
- School Board Members Mr. Tim Mooney and Mrs. Kay Kleiss presented on the School Board Goal Committees
- Superintendent’s Report: District Finances, Summer Work, Licensing School Logos, Opening of School, North Ward Staff, Thank You to Mrs. Quinn, and Thank You to the School Board
- North Ward Principal’s Report by Mrs. Torbit/Mr. Wallace: None (Vacation).
- East Prairie Principal’s Report by Mrs. Munson: EP Gym and Summer Work
- High School Report by Mr. Allen/Mr. Smith: Business candidate, Coach Dees, School Board Committee on Student Achievement and District Handbook
- Personnel and Negotiations
Organizations in this Story
564 Tuscola School Road
Waynesville, NC - 28786