City of Flora City Council met November 5
City of Flora City Council met November 5.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Citizens Request to Address Council
Approval of Agenda
Approve Agenda for the November 5, 2018 Flora City Council Meeting
· Approve Minutes of the City Council Regular Meeting of October 15, 2018
· Approve Minutes of the Public Hearing of October 15, 2018
· Approve Schedule of Bills for Period Ending November 1, 2018
· Approve 2019 City of Flora Holidays
· Approve 2019 Flora City Council Meetings
Mayor Mike Stanford – Reappoint Rich Herring to the Zoning Board (5 year term)
Commissioner Phil Wiley
Commissioner Ed McCormick
1) Approve Howell Paving Inc. Payment Number 3 for North Avenue (MFT - $81,720.48)
2) Approve Howell Paving Inc. Payment Number 3 for North Avenue (TIF - $348,350.38)
Commissioner Rick Slaughter – Approve Flora Rotary Club to Establish Frisbee Disc Golf at
Charley Brown Park
Commissioner Mike Genthe
City Attorney Bob Coble – PASS A RESOLUTION AMENDING STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE 1-C ADOPTING A POLICY PROHIBITING SEXUAL HARASSMENT - REVISED
Police Chief John Nicholson
Economic Development Director Dan Sulsberger
1) PASS ORDINANCE NO. 18-3017, AN ORDINANCE APPROVING AND RATIFYING A GRANT UNDER THE FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR LI BAO HUA AND XUE YUN CHEN (China Buffet)
2) PASS ORDINANCE NO. 18-3021, AN ORDINANCE APPROVING AND RATIFYING A GRANT UNDER THE FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR D.A. BAILEY RETAIL, INC. (Sears)
Director of Public Works & Bldg./Zoning Official Chad Bayles
1) PASS A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE RICHARD CHAPMAN AND DIANA PATTERSON REAL ESTATE AS UNSAFE AND DANGEROUS (430 E. 2nd Street)
2) PASS ORDINANCE NO. 18-3018, AN ORDINANCE APPROVING AN AMENDED SUBDIVISION FOR BREWER DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, LLC
3) PASS ORDINANCE NO. 18-3019, AN ORDINANCE APPROVING THE CHRISTOPHER RURAL HEALTH PLANNING SUBDIVISION
4) PASS ORDINANCE NO. 18-3020, AN ORDINANCE APPROVING AN AGREEMENT WITH AMANDA REDDEN (115 and 117 Fairview)
5) Approve Culvert Project at Charley Brown Park
Superintendent of Public Works Toby Rinehart
Fire Chief Bruce Dickey
City Treasurer Dee McGehee
City Clerk Becky Burgess
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3) The selection of a person to fill a public office, as defined in this Act, including a vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5) The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6) The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
Any Action Required from Closed Session