Flora City Council met February 5.
Flora City Council met Feb. 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Call To Order
Pledge Of Allegiance
Citizens Request To Address Council – Brian Pittman (Southern Illinois Youth Livestock Association)
Approval Of Agenda
Approve Agenda For The February 5, 2018 Flora City Council Regular Meeting Discussion And Possible Election Of Mayor To Complete Mayor Bob Tackitt’s Term
· Approve Minutes Of City Council Regular Meeting Of January 15, 2018
· Approve Schedule Of Bills For Period Ending February 1, 2018
· Approve Treasurer’s Report For December 2017
· Pass A Resolution Abating Taxes To Principal And Interest On General Obligation Bonds Series 2007
· Pass A Resolution Abating Taxes To Principal And Interest On General Obligation Bonds Series 2012
· Pass A Resolution Abating Taxes To Principal And Interest On General Obligation Bonds Series 2014a
· Pass A Resolution Abating Taxes To Principal And Interest On General Obligation Bonds Series 2015a
· Pass A Resolution Abating Taxes To Principal And Interest On General Obligation Bonds Series 2017
· Approve North American Lighting To Use Charley Brown Park For An Easter Egg Hunt On March 18, 2018 (Rain Date Of March 25, 2018)
Ø Commissioner Stanford
Ø Commissioner Wiley
Ø Commissioner McCormick
Ø Commissioner Slaughter
Ø City Administrator Edmondson
Ø Supt. Public Works Rinehart – Water Survey Mailing Program Proposal 2018
Ø Dir. Public Works & Bldg./Zoning Official Bayles
1) Pass A Resolution Declaring The Steve W. Henry Real Estate As Unsafe And Dangerous (507 W. 4th Street)
2) Pass Ordinance No. 18-2961, An Ordinance Granting A Special Use Permit To Nyal Dickey, Vicki Dickey And Loy Hosselton
3) Declare 933 W. North Avenue (Steven Galloway) as Unsafe and Dangerous
Ø Econ. Development Director Sulsberger – PASS A RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT AND Commitment Of Local Funds (Community Development Block Grant Program)
Ø Police Chief Nicholson – Discussion and Possible Approval for the Flora Police Department Canine (K-9) Program
Ø Fire Chief Dickey
Ø City Attorney Coble
Ø City Treasurer McGehee
Ø City Clerk Burgess
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3) The selection of a person to fill a public office, as defined in this Act, including a vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5) The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6) The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting
1) Pass A Resolution Regarding The Release Of Closed Session Minutes
2) Any Action Required from Closed Session