Mattoon City Council met February 6.
Mattoon City Council met Feb. 6.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting January 16, 2018.
2. Bills and Payroll for the last half of January, 2018.
Presentations, Petitions And Communications
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
• Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2018-5402: Authorizing the issuance of Sewerage System Revenue Bonds of the City of Mattoon, Coles County, Illinois to finance improvement to the City’s Sewerage System. (Cox) [CSO Satellite Treatment Facility Piping project]
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2018-1822: Approving a water adjustment in the amount of $2,014.50 for Suite Dreams Hospitality due to a water leak. (Owen)
3. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2018-3010: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the 4th of July parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
4. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2018-3011: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the Bagelfest parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
5. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2018-3012: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the Veterans Day parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
6. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2018-3013: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the Christmas parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
7. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2018-1823: Rejecting the bid from RE Pedrotti due to disqualification and awarding the bid to Durkin Equipment Company in the amount of $224,000 for the Water Treatment Plant SCADA (Supervisory Controls and Data Acquisition) upgrades. (Cox)
City Administrator/Community Development City Attorney City Clerk Finance Public Works Fire Police Arts And Tourism
Comments By The Council
Recessed to closed session pursuant to the Illinois Open Meetings Act for the purpose of the discussion of collective negotiating matters between the City of Mattoon and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees (5ILCS/20 (2)(C)(2)). (Gover)