Newton City Council met December 5.
Newton City Council met Dec. 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
1. Call To Order: Mark Bolander, Mayor
2. Pledge Of Allegiance Led By Alderman Robert Reisner
3. Roll Call: Rosetta York, City Clerk
4. Adopt Or Amend Agenda
5. Approval Of Regular Minutes Of November 21, 2017
6. Public Comments/Communications: None
7. Old Business:
A. Consider and act on Ordinance 17-09 Annual Tax Levy.
B. Consider and act on Abatement Certificate for Aquatic Facility.
C. Consider and act on 17-10 Ordinance Approving Membership in the IMLRMA (Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association) and Authorizing the Execution of the Intergovernmental Cooperation Contract.
D. Consider and act on IMLRMA (Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association) Intergovernmental Cooperation Contract.
E. Consider and act on Resolution 17-13 Council Resolution of Support for CDBG Grant Program.
F. Consider and act on Resolution 17-14 Resolution Committing Local Funds for CDBG grant of 1.98% of the estimated total project cost of $505,253 or $10,000.00.
G. Consider and act on Resolution 17-15 Resolution Approving the “2017-2019 Local Administrative Policy and Procedures Manual: Housing Rehabilitation Plan.”
H. Consider and act on Ameren Gas Main Extension agreement for 602 Woods Farm Ln, with a deposit of $2,160.00.
I. Consider and act on advertising for water department employee.
J. Consider and act on accepting of silent bids on residential property located at 602 Stevens St. a bid must exceed a minimum $ (to be determined at meeting) amount.
8. New Business:
A. Consider and act on Dumpster Reimbursement for 208 Wilson St. for $2,350.40 to Charles and Nancy Jamerson.
B. Consider and act on Axon Enterprise Inc. 5 year purchasing plan agreement for Newton Police Department Tasers at a total cost of $9,266.72.
C. Consider and act on authorizing hepatitis A and B vaccinations for all employees, the cost of which is covered by their health insurance.
D. Consider and act on Property Damage Release from Abi Inc., Alan H. Moss, Great West Casualty Company of $2,052.58 paid to the City of Newton.
9. Committee Reports Or Council Representative Reports: Jedi on 12-5-17, Police/Joint 11-27, Finance 11-27 and Personnel 11-28
10. Statements By: Council Members, City Attorney, City Treasurer, City Clerk (2 Water Dept POs and 1 Police PO) and, Mayor
11. Next Regular Meeting: December 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Scheduled Committee Meetings: Finance Committee Meeting December 18, 2017 at 5:30 PM
12. Executive Session: Litigation, potential litigation, sale of real estate and purchase of real estate
Organizations in this Story
108 N Van Buren St # A
Newton, IL - 62448-1418