Flora City Council met December 4
Flora City Council met Dec. 4.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Call To Order
Pledge Of Allegiance
Citizens Request To Address Council
Approval Of Agenda
Approve Agenda For The December 4, 2017 Flora City Council Regular Meeting
· Approve Minutes Of City Council Regular Meeting Of November 20, 2017
· Approve Schedule Of Bills For Period Ending November 30, 2017
· Pass Ordinance No. 17-2956, An Ordinance Levying Taxes For Corporate Purposes For The Current Fiscal Year, Commencing On The First Day Of May, 2017 For The City Of Flora, Illinois
Ø Mayor Tackitt
1) Appoint New Commissioner To Department Of Public Health And Safety Effective December 5, 2017
2) Appoint Commissioner Stanford To Department Of Accounts And Finances Effective December 5, 2017
Ø Commissioner Wiley
Ø Commissioner Stanford
1) Consideration of City Selling Utilities to Flora Depot at Cost
2) Consideration of City Handling the Mowing of Flora Depot
Ø Commissioner McCormick
Ø Commissioner Henderson
Ø City Administrator Edmondson
1) Pass A Resolution Approving An Amendment To The Standard Operator Procedures – FMLA
2) Approve Payment #3 for Howell Paving Inc. ($13,263.98)
Ø Supt. Public Works Rinehart
Ø Dir. Public Works & Bldg./Zoning Official Bayles – Increase Zoning Board Fees
Ø Econ. Development Director Sulsberger
1) Pass A Council Resolution Of Support (Community Development Block Grant Program)
2) Pass A Resolution Committing Local Funds (Community Development Block Grant Program)
3) Pass A Resolution Approving The “2017-2019 Local Administrative Policy And Procedures Manual: Housing Rehabilitation Plan”
(Community Development Block Grant Program)
4) Consideration of TIF Proposal to Benefit Forbes Properties/Southern Gardens, LLC
Ø Police Chief Nicholson
Ø Fire Chief Dickey – Approve Proposal from Sentinel Emergency Solutions for Lion Bunker Coats and Pants ($12,400.00)
Ø City Attorney Coble
Ø City Treasurer McGehee
Ø City Clerk Burgess
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3) The selection of a person to fill a public office, as defined in this Act, including a vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5) The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6) The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
Organizations in this Story
131 East 2nd Street
Flora, IL - 62839