The Marshall Area Public Library District board of trustees met Tuesday, April 26.
"Marshall Area Public Library District Board of Trustees will meet on this day at 4:30 PM. The public is welcome to attend."
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Marshall Area Public Library District board of trustees:
MARSHALL AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
BOARD of TRUSTEES
Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 4:30 PM
Marshall Public Library
1. Call to order by President Jo Sanders at 4:31 p.m.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll call noted by secretary - Jo Sanders, Elaine Miller, Alice Schroeder and Kelley Ray; also present: Library staff Alyson Thompson and Jamie Poorman (Absent: Cynthia Wright Vaughn Kellum)
4. Public Comment – None
5. Secretary’s report – Approval of February 23rd meeting after noting that minutes should be more informative about correspondences – with more description on what the correspondence was for and amending the minutes to reflect the thank you note from the Library Staff was for the Christmas lunch provided by the board.
Motion Alice, Elaine 2nd
- Thank you note from Kevin Manning (Programmer for Look Up to the Stars) for the Solar System Walk and allowing him to share his passion for the stars.
- Thank you note from Michael Wall (descendent of Jean & Emma Remlinger and Christian & Catherine Saiter) for the digital archives.
- Thank you from Phyllis Meek (Ernest & Clyde - therapy dogs) for the $50 gift.
- Thank you from Dale Davis (retired school teacher) for our library and all it offers for children, especially children’s literacy. Gave a gift of $250.
7. Treasurer’s report – Discussion of April 26th having $5,453.57 in the General Fund and $4,891.97 in the Insurance Fund.
8. Presentation of Bills – Illinois Library Association $95.00
Commercial General Liability Insurance $955.00
Noted: No late fee for sending the Annual Report in late.
Postage fee now has a $21.00 late fee and will not be waived any longer.
Motioned by Alice, Kelley 2nd
Roll taken: Jo and Elaine
9. Librarians’ report – Jamie Poorman
- Copy included for February and March 2016.
Noted: Will have a new line to report true circulation stats which will be a combination of checked out and loaned items totaled.
10. Director’s Report – Alyson Thompson
- Copy included
Noted: New Library Policies given to Trustees.
Hired Mary Kash as part-time clerk.
11. Friends of the Library report – Alyson Thompson
- Russell Dawson & Louise Dawson Garcia Scholarship to be presented on May 10th.
- Upcoming Program on the National Road.
12. Unfinished Business:
- Little Library Outpost at Lincoln Trail – Tom said can move it by the Host station or by the shower building. Board agrees it should be moved by the shower building.
- Alyson reported that the Statement of Economic Interest is complete as far as she knows
13. New Business
- Approval of the purchase of Kid’s Kits
Motioned by Kelley, Alice 2nd
- Discussed the purchase of new chairs for the Dale McConchie Meeting Room and for use at the computers. Alyson will present more options at next meeting.
- FY 16/17 Meeting dates and times distributed.
- Next meeting (June 28th) – Oaths of Office will be taken.
14. Adjourned at 6:45 PM
Motion Alice, Elaine 2nd
Submitted by Kelley Ray,
Substitute for Secretary, Vaughn Kellum