Mattoon City Council will meet March 19
Mattoon City Council will meet on Tuesday, March 19.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting March 5, 2019.
2. Bills and Payroll for the first half of March, 2019.
3. CCRP-DC HOME REHAB Expenditures.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name and address for the record as well as stand when speaking.
1. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2019-5413: Approving and causing publication of the Official Zoning Map of the City of Mattoon, Illinois. (Gover)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2019-1905: Approving a water and sewer billing adjustment in the amount $1,096.22 on behalf of William L. Hall due to a water leak. (Owen)
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2019-1906: Awarding the bid in the amount of $295,393.07 to Howell Paving Inc. for the 2019 Street Resurfacing Project; and authorizing the mayor to sign the resurfacing contract. (Graven)
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2019-1907: Approving an $18,000 grant by the Tourism Advisory Committee from FY19/20 hotel/motel tax funds in support of the Mattoon Pride Softball organization for hosting four tournaments (NCJCAA Region 24 Tournament, Mattoon Pride NSA Classic & Showcase, NSA State Tournament, Mattoon Bagelfest Tournament) to be held May 9-11, June 7-9, June 28-30, and July 19-21, 2019 respectively; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2019-1908: Approving a second water and sewer billing adjustment in the amount $7,822.95 on behalf of Anamet Electrical Inc. due to a water leak. (Owen)
6. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2019-5414: Establishing a six-month moratorium on the issuance of any ambulance service licenses. (Hall)
City Administrator/Community Development City Attorney
Public Works Fire
Arts And Tourism
Comments By The Council
Recess to closed session pursuant to the Illinois Open Meetings Act for the purpose of the discussion of collective negotiating matters between the City of Mattoon and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees (5ILCS 120 (2)(C)(2)); and litigation that is affecting the City and an action is probable or imminent (5ILCS 120(2)(C)(11)). (Gover)