City of Mattoon City Council will meet on Tuesday, March 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting February 19, 2019 & Budget Workshop February 27, 2019.
2. Bills and Payroll for the last half of February, 2019.
3. CCPR-DC HOME REHAB Expenditures
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name and address for the record as well as stand when speaking.
1. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2019-1701: Authorizing the mayor to sign an outright grant agreement by and between the City of Mattoon and Mattoon Public Library reimbursing up to $40,000 from Mid-town TIF Revenues for the sole purpose of cleaning and tuckpointing the facade to a building located at 1600 Broadway Avenue; and authorizing the mayor to sign the grant agreement. (Owen)
2. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2019-1702: Authorizing the mayor to sign an outright grant agreement by and between the City of Mattoon and Jasper Holdings, L.L.C. reimbursing up to $14,040 from Mid-town TIF Revenues for the sole purpose of window improvements to a building located at 1816-1818 Broadway Avenue; and authorizing the mayor to sign the grant agreement. (Owen)
3. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2019-1703: Authorizing the mayor to sign an outright grant agreement by and between the City of Mattoon and Consolidated Communications Inc. reimbursing up to $40,000 from Mid-town TIF Revenues for the sole purpose of canopy facade improvements to a building located at 121 S. 17th Street; and authorizing the mayor to sign the grant agreement. (Owen)
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2019-1903: Approving a water and sewer billing adjustment in the amount $13,614.97 on behalf of Anamet Electrical Inc. due to a water leak. (Gover)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2019-1904: Approving and authorizing the employment of Brandon Helm as a probationary firefighter, pending passage of his evaluations. (Hall)
6. Motion - Adopt Resolution No. 2019-3037: Authorizing and approving Kris A. Phipps as the Interim Fire Chief; and authorizing the mayor and city clerk to sign the Agreement for Interim Fire Chief Services by Independent Contract. (Hall)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CITY ATTORNEY
PUBLIC WORKS FIRE
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL