Mattoon City Council met December 5.
Mattoon City Council met Dec. 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting November 21, 2017.
2. Bills and Payroll for the last half of November, 2017.
Presentations, Petitions And Communications
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
· Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
· Presentation: Acknowledging the retirement of Police Chief Jeff Branson after more than 28 years of service with the City.
· Presentation: Acknowledging the retirement of Captain Jim Donnell after more than 28 yearsof service with the City.
1. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1812: Ratifying the re-appointments of Carolyn Cloyd, Dan Lawrence and John Covington to the Public Works Advisory Board with terms ending 12/31/2020. (Gover)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1813: Approving the promotion of Engineer Michael Shane Diepholz to Captain, effective December 1, 2017, due to the retirement of Captain Donnell. (Hall)
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1814: Approving the replacement of the Police Department’s mobile radio system, the bid specifications, and the solicitation of bids. (Gover)
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1815: Authorizing the purchase of one 2018 Chevrolet Impala Administrative Package vehicle in the amount of $23,479 from Myles Chevrolet for the Mattoon Police Department. (Gover)
City Administrator/Community Development
Arts And Tourism
Comments By The Council
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL - 61938