Illinois Racing Board approves $750,000 charitable grant to the Racing Industry Charitable Foundation
Illinois Racing Board met Tuesday, Nov. 15.
The Racing Board regulates horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering at state tracks and off-track wagering sites; issues licenses, allocates racing days, prescribes rules and imposes penalties for violations.
Here are the minutes as provided by Illinois:
SUMMARY OF ILLINOIS RACING BOARD MEETING November 15, 2016 Chicago, Illinois
1. The Board approved a $750,000 charitable grant for 2017 to the Racing Industry Charitable Foundation Inc., authorized under Section 31.1 of the Act, conditioned upon an executed grant agreement.
2. The Board approved the following totalizator licenses for 2017:
Amtote International Inc. Sportech Racing, LLC; and United Tote Company
3. The Board approved the following advance deposit wagering licenses (ADW) for 2017:
ODS Technologies, LP (TVG) Xpressbet, LLC Churchill Downs Technologies Initiatives Company (Twin Spires) Newco Ventures North America, LLC (NYRA Bets); and Hawthorne Race Course Inc. (Club Hawthorne).
The Board also approved an advance deposit wagering license for Lien Games Racing, LLC conditioned upon an agreement with Arlington Park through 2017. Further, on or before July 1, 2017, Arlington Park shall notify the Board in writing of the status of its agreement with Lien Games Racing. However, failure to extend the current agreement through December 31, 2017 shall result in the revocation of the ADW license at the end of the current agreement.
4. The Board approved the following intertrack wagering licenses (ITW) for 2017:
Arlington International Racecourse, LLC Fairmount Park Inc.; and Suburban Downs Inc.
5. The Board approved the following intertrack wagering location licenses (OTB) for 2017:
Arlington International Racecourse, LLC with locations in Waukegan, Hodgkins, Villa Park, Orland Hills, Weed Street in Chicago, Rockford, McHenry, Aurora, Hoffman Estates, and Green Oaks. Fairmount Park Inc. with locations in Springfield, Sauget, and Alton; and Hawthorne Race Course Inc. with locations in Mokena, Joliet, Glendale Heights, Bolingbrook, Prospect Heights, Corliss Avenue in Chicago, Crestwood, Oakbrook Terrace, and Normal.
6. The Board approved the following concessionaire licenses for 2017:
Arlington OTB Corporation servicing the Waukegan OTB. The Foundry, LLC servicing the Aurora OTB. Furnace Room Tobacco Inc. servicing the Aurora OTB. Stoney Point Grill, LLC servicing the Mokena OTB. Levy Premium Foodservice at Arlington Park.
Post Time Catering servicing Hawthorne Race Course and the OTB locations in Joliet and Corliss. Fairmount Park Inc. servicing Fairmount Park and the OTB locations in Sauget and Springfield. Prefer Valet Parking Service Inc. servicing the Chicago OTB on Weed Street. Salerno’s Hodgkins Inc. servicing the Hodgkins OTB. Frank GF Inc. servicing the Villa Park OTB. Van Lenhardt Inc. servicing the Alton OTB. All Seasons Golf Learning Center servicing the OTB in Normal. Reprise Corporation servicing the McHenry OTB. Don Carter Lanes Inc. servicing the Rockford OTB. Where’s The Duke Inc. servicing the Chicago OTB on Weed Street. The Saddle Room, LLC servicing the Hoffman Estates OTB. Players Pub & Grill, LLC servicing the Prospect Heights OTB. LaRocco Brothers Inc. servicing the Orland Hills OTB. BBK Sports, LLC servicing the Bolingbrook OTB. Mike Ditka’s Arlington Heights, LLC servicing Arlington Trackside. En Fuego OBT, LLC servicing the Oakbrook Terrace OTB. Post Time Sports Bar & Grille, LLC servicing the Green Oaks OTB. OBT Pony Express, LLC servicing the Oakbrook Terrace OTB. Glass Half Full, LLC servicing the Crestwood OTB. Entree You, LLC servicing the Crestwood OTB; and Q Bar North Inc. servicing the Glendale Heights OTB.
7. The Board certified the following pari-mutuel tax credits, authorized under Section 32.1 of the Act, to be applied in January 2017: Arlington Park - $2,376,151.81 Hawthorne Race Course - $633,836.85 Fairmount Park - $81,913.48
8. The Board approved the following tentative schedule of monthly Board meetings for 2017: Tuesday, January 24 at the James R. Thompson Center (JRTC) Tuesday, February 28 at the JRTC Tuesday, March 21 at the JRTC Thursday, April 20 at Hawthorne Race Course Tuesday, May 23 at the OTB facility in Green Oaks Tuesday, June 20 at Fairmount Park Thursday, July 20 at Arlington Park Tuesday, August 22 at the JRTC Tuesday, September 26 (Dates Hearing) at the JRTC Tuesday, October 24 at the OTB facility in Oakbrook Terrace Tuesday, November 28 at the JRTC; and Tuesday, December 19 at the JRTC
9. The Board approved the October 19, 2016 meeting minutes.