Robinson Community Unit School District details recent board decisions
The Robinson Community Unit School District board gathered for a meeting on Monday, June 20.
"Enrollments continued to increase through the 1980's. In 1986, there was concern that the state of Illinois might condemn the Robinson High School. An architect for the Illinois State Board of Education conducted an inspection and the school was left alone. In 1993 the old, outdated high school was one of the few institutions in town, which had not been modernized. Bringing new industry and business into the community became more difficult as families did not want their children to attend the eighty-seven year old high school. A state prison was built nearby that provided a facility for inmates, which was far better than what housed the students of Robinson High School. Wiring for computers was difficult. Teachers and students were uncomfortable with no air conditioning and poor heating systems. The Board of Education realized it was time for a new high school."
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Robinson Community Unit School District board:
June 20, 2016
The following action was taken at last night’s board meeting:
• Approved the Health Insurance Renewal with Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
• Approved the CMH Athletic Training Services Contract for FY17.
• Approved the 2016 Meadows Scholarship Recipients – Garrett Blagrave, Shelby Titsworth, Logan Miller, and Madison Buchanan.
• Approved LGS Title 1 Schoolwide Plan.
• Approved the Resolution to transfer funds from Education to Debt Service.
• Approved the Resolution to close and re-establish the Revolving Accounts and the Imprest Funds.
• Approved the renewal of the property/casualty/liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
• Approved the FY17 agreement with Crawford County Health Department.
• Approved the 2016 Crawford County Prevailing Wage Resolution.
• Approved the solicitation of bids for a new handicapped accessible bus.
• Approved the opening of 8 closed session minutes from December 15 – May 2016.
• Approved the Amended FY16 Budget.
• Eric Dean – NMS Summer School Teacher
• Ashley Kuhn – NMS Summer School Teacher
• Janna Surrells – RHS Summer School Teacher
• Troy Hickey – RHS Volunteer Golf
• Kevin McConnell – RHS Volunteer Golf
• David Forbes – RHS TEAMS Coach
• Keegan Tucker – RHS Drama
• Steve Jenkins – RHS Girls’ Tennis
• Stephanie Dean – NMS Cheerleading
• Beth Meese – LGS Speech Pathologist
The next regular School Board Meeting will be Monday, July 18, 2016 at 7pm at the Central Office.