City of Flora City Council met April 15
City of Flora City Council met April 15.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
Call To Order
Pledge Of Allegiance
Citizens Request To Address Council
Approval Of Agenda
Approve Agenda For The April 15, 2019 Flora City Council Meeting
· Approve Minutes Of The Public Hearing Held On April 1, 2019
· Approve Minutes Of The City Council Regular Meeting Of April 1, 2019
· Approve Schedule Of Bills For Period Ending April 11, 2019
· Approve Treasurer’s Report For March 2019
· Accept Police Activity Report For March 2019
· Accept Building And Zoning Report For March 2019
Mayor Mike Stanford
1) Pass Ordinance No. 19-3038, An Ordinance Approving A Conveyance Of Real Estate To Carl E. Slobodzian And A Conveyance Of Real Estate To Ronald C. Slobodzian And Barbara S. Slobodzian
2) Pass Ordinance No. 19-3039, An Ordinance Authorizing The Ceding Of Private Activity Bonding Authority
3) Re-appoint Joe Gilliland, Doug Mack and Kari Warren to the Flora Public Library Board of Trustees (term to expire May 2022)
Commissioner Phil Wiley
Commissioner Ed McCormick
1) Approve Payment No. 1 to Steve Mink Backhoe & Trenching for the Seminary Street
Inlet Modifications ($7,880.00)
Commissioner Rick Slaughter
Commissioner Mike Genthe
City Attorney Bob Coble
Chief of Police Guye Durre
1) Recommend New Hire – Telecommunicator
Director of Public Works & Building/Zoning Official Chad Bayles
1) Pass Ordinance No. 19-3037, An Ordinance Approving The Lease Agreement By And Between The City Of Flora, Illinois And Frank Lusk And Kim Lusk – Tropical Treats
Superintendent of Public Works Toby Rinehart
1) Recommend New Hire – Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator
Fire Chief Bruce Dickey
City Treasurer Dee McGehee
1) Pass Ordinance No. 19-3035, An Ordinance Amending The City Of Flora Annual Budget 2018-2019 Fiscal Year
2) Pass Ordinance No. 19-3036, An Ordinance Adopting The City Of Flora Annual Budget 2019-2020 Fiscal Year
City Clerk Becky Burgess
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3) The selection of a person to fill a public office, as defined in this Act, including a vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5) The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6) The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
Any Action Required from Closed Session