City of Newton City Council met February 5
City of Newton City Council met Feb. 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
1. Call To Order: Mark Bolander, Mayor
2. Pledge Of Allegiance led by Alderman Robert Reisner
3. Roll Call: Rosetta York, City Clerk
4. Adopt Or Amend Agenda
5. Approval Of Regular Minutes of January 15, 2019
6. Public Comments/Communications: Earlene Rubsam & Marlene Benson
7. Old Business:
A. Consider and act on advertising for Dues and Donations applications to distribute $5500 budgeted fund with application deadline of March 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
8. New Business:
A. Consider and act on authorizing a 2 Newton Police employee to attend ILEAS Annual Conference March 24-26, 2019, the training fees of $100/person plus allowable expenses.
B. Consider and act on the retirement letter of Kathy Hayes.
C. Consider and act on Ordinance 19-01 To Amend the Zoning Map.
9. Committee Reports Or Council Representative Reports: Negotiation 1-29 and Police 2-4,
10. Statements By: Council Members, City Attorney, City Treasurer, City Clerk and, Mayor
11. Next Regular Meeting: February 19, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Scheduled Committee Meetings: Annual JEDI Celebration on February 6, 2019 at 11:30 AM at the Sunrise
12. Executive Session: Litigation, potential litigation, personnel and sale of real estate