Mattoon City Council met September 4.
Mattoon City Council met Sept. 4.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting August 21, 2018
2. IML Expenses- Mayor
3. Bills and Payroll for the last half of August, 2018
Presentations, Petitions And Communications
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
• Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2018-3020: Authorizing an extension of a lease of office space to the East Central Illinois Task Force for the 3rd Floor of the Police Department. (Gover)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2018-1875: Approving the re-appointments of Gary Boske and Judy Winn and the appointment of Dr. Ned Hoppin to the Planning Commission for terms ending 08/17/2022.
City Administrator/Community Development
Arts And Tourism
Comments By The Council