Mattoon City Council met November 7.
Mattoon City Council met Nov. 7.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting October 17, 2017.
2. Fire Department Report for the month of September, 2017.
3. Bills and Payroll for the last half of October, 2017.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
• Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
➢ Presentation: Doehring, Winders & Company – FY17 Audit
1. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2017-5399: Amending the municipal code to update the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire & Police Commissioners. (Gover)
2. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-3004: Authorizing a $10,000 maximum agreement with the Coles County Regional Planning & Development Commission for Technical Assistance for services to be rendered from December 1, 2017 to November 30, 2018 on a time and expense basis and authorizing the mayor to sign all documents. (Owen)
3. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-3005: Authorizing an agreement with the Coles County Regional Planning & Development Commission with a maximum amount of $3,000 for administration of the Mattoon Revolving Loan Fund for services to be rendered from December 1, 2017 to November 30, 2018 on a time and expense basis and authorizing the mayor to sign all documents. (Owen)
4. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-3006: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the “Celebrate Downtown” parade on December 1st to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1803: Approving a water adjustment in the amount of $1,020.03 for Tidal Wave Car Wash due to a water leak. (Owen)
6. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1804: Approving the payment in the amount of $33,346.78 to Vermeer Midwest for repairs to the City’s Tub Grinder. (Graven)
7. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1805: Approving Change Order #1 in the amount of $32,772.30 for ADA ramps, curb and gutter removal and replacement, additional sidewalk replacement, and driveway patching associated with the Marshall Avenue Sidewalk project. 17-00293-SW (Graven)
8. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1806: Approving the appointment and employment contract of Jason Taylor to Police Chief effective December 01, 2017, due to the retirement of Police Chief Jeffrey M. Branson. (Gover)
9. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-3007: Authorizing the IEPA loan application for the piping project connecting the Combined Sewer Overflow Satellite Treatment Facility and the north side Combined Sewer System; and authorizing the public works director to sign all loan application forms and documents. (Cox) L17- 5118
City Administrator/Community Development
Arts And Tourism
Comments By The Council