Mattoon City Council met October 3.
Mattoon City Council met Oct. 3.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting September 19, 2017.
2. Travel, Meal & Lodging Expenses – IML.
3. Bills and Payroll for the last half of September, 2017.
Presentations, Petitions and Communications
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-3002: Approving an update to the City’s Equal Employment Opportunity
Plan (EEOP). (Gover)
2. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-3003: Approving an agreement between the City of Mattoon and Shelby
County Energy Center, L.L.C. for water use of Lake Mattoon. (Cox)
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1798: Approving the appointment of Clinton Lawrence to
regular employment status with the Mattoon Police Department after successful completion of his probationary
period effective September 25, 2017. (Gover)
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1799: Approving the appointment of Brett Hall to regular employment status with the Mattoon Police Department after successful completion of his probationary period effective September 27, 2017. (Gover)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1800: Awarding the 2017 Water Treatment Plant chemical bids to:
USALCO Alum @ $0.1809/pound
Hawkins Ammonium Sulfate @ $0.2950/pound
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. Carbon Dioxide @ $0.0780/pound
Polydyne Cationic Polymer @ $0.4200/pound
JCI Chlorine @ $0.2300/pound
Hawkins Fluoride @ $0.3400/pound
Shannon Chemical Permanganate @ $0.8740/pound
Hawkins Phosphate Blend @ $0.4750/pound; and,
Univar Powdered Activated Carbon @ $0.6190/pound. (Cox)
City Administrator/Community Development
Arts and Tourism
Comments by the Council