Newton City Council met October 3.
Newton City Council met Oct. 3.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
1. Call to Order: Mark Bolander, Mayor
2. Pledge of Allegiance led by Alderman Eric Blake
3. Roll Call: Rosetta York, City Clerk
4. Adopt or Amend Agenda
5. Approval of Regular Minutes of September 19, 2017
6. Public Comments/Communications: Chad Miller
7. Old Business:
A. Consider and act on advertising a request for qualifications (RFQ) for engineering services for Eagle Trail Phase IV—Riverwalk.
8. New Business:
A. Consider and act on Resolution 17-12 to Close N-S Alley to thru traffic between Owens and Henry St. and east of College St. and west of S. Van Buren St.
B. Consider and act on an agreement with Southeastern Community Foundation for the special needs playground area in Peterson Park called Lincoln’s Place.
C. Consider and act on City Treasurer attending Illinois Municipal Treasurers Institute November 12-16, 2017, fee is $410 plus allowable expenses.
9. Committee Reports Or Council Representative Reports: JEDI Meeting on 10-03-17
10. Statements By: Council Members, City Attorney, City Treasurer, City Clerk and, Mayor
11. Next Regular Meeting: October 17, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Scheduled Committee Meetings: Insurance Committee 11-20-17 at 5:00 PM and Finance Committee 12-18-17 at 5:30 PM.
12. Executive Session: Litigation, potential litigation, sale of real estate and purchase of real estate
Organizations in this Story
108 N Van Buren St # A
Newton, IL - 62448-1418