Newton City Council met August 15.
Newton City Council met Aug. 15.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
1. Call to Order: Mark Bolander, Mayor
2. Pledge of Allegiance led by Alderman Larry Brooks
3. Roll Call: Rosetta York, City Clerk
4. Adopt or Amend Agenda
5. Approval of Regular Minutes of August 1, 2017
6. Approval of Bills & Accounts Payable
7. Public Comments/Communications: None
8. Old Business:
a. Consider and act on Resolution 17-09 Closed Session Minutes.
b. Consider and act on Resolution 17-10 Authorizing the Destruction of Closed Meetings Sessions audio recording.
c. Consider and act on Ordinance 17-08 Amend Section 24-9-2(M) of Article IX – Golf Cart and Neighborhood Vehicles.
9. New Business:
a. Consider and act on Resolution 17-11 Renewal IMRF For City Clerk
b. Consider and act on accepting Alan Bogardus resignation from Zoning Board.
c. Consider and act on Friends of the Trail Designated Fund Agreement with Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation.
10. Committee Reports or Council Representative Reports: Personnel on 8-14-17
11. Statements by: Council Members, City Attorney, City Treasurer, City Clerk, Mayor
12. Next Regular Meeting: September 5, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Scheduled Committee Meetings:
13. Executive Session: Litigation, potential litigation, sale of real estate, purchase of real estate, personnel and Closed Session Minutes
Organizations in this Story
108 N Van Buren St # A
Newton, IL - 62448-1418