Mattoon City Council will meet August 1
Mattoon City Council will meet on August 1.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting July 18, 2017.
2. Bills and Payroll for the last half of July, 2017.
Presentations, Petitions and Communications
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1783: Approving the re-appointment of Rick Otto and appointment of Gayla McDaniel to the Planning Commission for terms ending 08/17/2021. (Gover)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1784: Awarding the bid in the amount of $74,898.84 from AJ Walker Construction for the municipal parking lot concrete project located at 21st Street and Broadway. (Cox)
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1785: Approving a home occupation application for a special use to allow the operation of a detail shop by James Copsy at 40 DeWitt Avenue; and authorizing the mayor to sign the Home Occupation Application. (Gover)
4. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-2999: Approving the Intergovernmental Agreement regarding vehicles manufactured by Pierce Manufacturing Inc.; and authorizing the mayor and city clerk to sign said Intergovernmental Agreement. (Hall)
City Administrator/Community Development
Arts and Tourism
Comments by the Council