Mattoon City Council votes on employment of probationary patrol officer
Mattoon City Council met Tuesday, March 21.
The Mattoon City Council consists of four members and the mayor, who acts as the city's CEO. Council meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 208 N. 19th St.
Here is the agenda as provided by Mattoon:
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
March 21, 2017
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting March 7, 2017.
2. Bills and Payroll for the first half of March, 2017.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2017-5394: Approving and causing publication of the Official Zoning Map of the City of Mattoon, Illinois. (Gover)
2. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2017-5395: Amending Section 35.01 Fees & Charges updating the Schedule of Fees charged by the municipality for administration, electrical, plumbing, cemetery, and tourism. (Owen)
3. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-2982: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the 4th of July parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
4. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-2983: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the Bagelfest parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
5. Resolution No. 2017-2984: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the Veterans Day parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
6. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-2985: Giving notice to the Illinois Department of Transportation of the Christmas parade to be sponsored by the City of Mattoon. (Hall)
7. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2017-1655: Granting a special use for property located at 61 DeWitt Avenue for the purpose of a daycare center. Gani & Fetye Imeri - Petitioners (Gover)
8. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1747: Ratifying the appointment of Joyce Jackson to the Mattoon Arts Council for an unexpired term of September 30, 2018. (Hall)
9. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1748: Approving the design cost proposal in the amount of $49,195 from Clark-Dietz for the replacement of the Intake Screens at the Waste Water Treatment Plant. (Cox)
10. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1749: Approving the employment of Eric Haughee as probationary patrol officer for the Mattoon Police Department effective April 10, 2017 contingent upon the passing of his psychological and physical evaluations, due to the resignation of Officer John Farrar. (Gover)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL - 61938