Mattoon City Council to vote on cable provider and consumer protection ordinance
Mattoon City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7.
The Mattoon City Council consists of four members and the mayor, who acts as the city's CEO. Council meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 208 N. 19th St.
Here is the agenda as provided by Mattoon:
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA February 7, 2017 6:30 PM
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting January 17, 2017.
2. Bills and Payroll for the last half of January, 2017.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
• Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
• Presentation: Mattoon Arts Council – 2016 Year in Review
1. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2017-5393: Amending the Municipal Code of Ordinances by establishing Chapter 119 for the regulation of cable/video providers and consumer protection law. (Gover)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1736: Approving an additional $25,000 in Construction Engineering Assistance from the Upchurch Group for the Public Works Building Project. (Graven)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CITY ATTORNEY CITY CLERK FINANCE PUBLIC WORKS FIRE POLICE ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Notice: SPECIAL Council Meeting 2/10/2017 Budget Workshop – All Day – Lone Elm Room in the Depot.
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL - 61938