Mattoon City Council adopts special ordinances
The Mattoon City Council met Jan. 3 to adopt special ordinances.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the council:
The Mattoon City Council consists of four members and the mayor, who acts as the city's CEO. Council meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 208 N. 19th St.
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA January 3, 2017 6:30 PM
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting December 20, 2016.
2. Bills and Payroll for the last half of December, 2016.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
• Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2016-1650: Authorizing the Mayor to sign an outright grant agreement by and between the City of Mattoon and Cory and Charity Sanders reimbursing up to $36,894.56 from Mid-town TIF Revenues for the sole purpose of façade tuck-pointing improvements to a building located at 1400 Broadway Avenue; and authorizing the mayor to sign the grant agreement. (Owen)
2. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2016-1651: Authorizing the Mayor to sign an outright grant agreement by and between the City of Mattoon and Cory and Charity Sanders reimbursing up to $35,083.49 from Mid-town TIF Revenues for the sole purpose of façade tuck-pointing improvements to a building located at 1406-1408 Broadway Avenue; and authorizing the mayor to sign the grant agreement. (Owen)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CITY ATTORNEY CITY CLERK FINANCE PUBLIC WORKS FIRE POLICE ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Recessed to closed session pursuant to the Illinois Open Meetings Act for the purpose of discussing collective negotiating matters between the City of Mattoon and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees (5ILCS/20 (2)(C)(2))