Mattoon City Council approves health insurance modifications
The Mattoon City Council met Nov. 15 to approve modifications to the city's health insurance plan.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the council:
The Mattoon City Council consists of four members and the mayor, who acts as the city's CEO. Council meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 208 N. 19th St.
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
November 15, 2016
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting November 1, 2016.
2. Bills and Payroll for the first half of November, 2016.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
? Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
? Presentation: Acknowledging the retirement of Anita Kaufman after more than 13 years of service with the City.
? Presentation: Doehring, Winders & Company – 2016 Audit
1. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance 2016-1644: Approving placement of the annual property and casualty insurance and workers compensation coverage for a term beginning December 1, 2016; and authorizing the mayor to sign all documents. (Gover)
2. Motion – Adopt Resolution 2016-2975: Authorizing a $10,000 maximum agreement with the Coles County Regional Planning & Development Commission for Technical Assistance for Services to be rendered from December 1, 2016 to November 30, 2017 on a time and expense basis and authorizing the mayor to sign all documents. (Owen)
3. Motion – Adopt Resolution 2016-2976: Authorizing an agreement with the Coles County Regional Planning & Development Commission with a maximum amount of $3,000 for administration of the Mattoon Revolving Loan Fund for services to be rendered from December 1, 2016 to November 30, 2017 on a time and expense basis and authorizing the mayor to sign all documents. (Owen)
4. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance 2016-1645: Approving the additional modifications/clarifications to the City of Mattoon’s Health Insurance Plan, effective January 1, 2017. (Gover)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL