Charleston City Council considers granting funds for local film festival
Charleston City Council met Tuesday, Oct. 18.
The City Council is the duly elected legislative and policy-making body of the City of Charleston. The fundamental job of the City Council is to make policy decisions for the City based on relevant and accurate information received from the full-time City Manager and his staff. Committees and Advisory Boards of the City Council render recommendations to the full body regarding municipal projects, facilities, services, finance and personnel as well as issues of health, safety, and welfare of the community at large. The City Council solicits and receives the support of many volunteer citizen committees to ensure a democratic, citizen-centered process.
Here is the agenda as provided by Charleston:
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
520 Jackson Avenue
October 18, 2016 – 6:30 pm
CALL TO ORDER
READING AGENDA – ADDITIONS/DELETIONS
AUTHORIZATION TO PARTICIPATE IN MEETING VIA REMOTE ACCESS
CONSENT AGENDA – ITEMS DESIGNATED BY (*)
Illinois local governments may adopt by a single roll call vote ordinances, resolutions, motions and orders. Any Council Member or the Mayor may request that any item proposed not be included in that vote but considered separately.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1) *MINUTES: Regular and Executive City Council Meetings held on October 4, 2016.
2) *PAYROLL: Regular Pay Period for October 1, 2016.
3) *BILLS PAYABLE: October 21, 2016.
4) *COMPTROLLER'S REPORT: September 2016.
5) *RAFFLE LICENSE: Christmas in the Heart of Charleston at 7:00 p.m. on November 2, 2016, at Moose Lodge #1388, 615 7th Street to raise funds for the "Christmas in the Heart of Charleston" Celebration on December 3, 2016.
6) RESOLUTION: Authorizing Street Closure for the 5th Annual Holiday Hustle 5K Run/Walk on December 3, 2016.
7) RESOLUTION: Authorizing Street Closure for EIU Homecoming 2016--2.5K Race on October 22, 2016.
8) RESOLUTION: Granting Tourism Funds for Expenses relating to the Embarras River Valley Film Festival on November 2-4, 2016.
PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS:
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for anyone wishing to address Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/1) mandates NO action shall be taken on matters not listed on this agenda, but Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on a subsequent agenda. Please provide City Clerk with name & address; speak into microphone; limit presentation to 3 minutes; and avoid repetitious comments. Thank you.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: An Executive Session will be held to discuss pending or imminent litigation pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)11); the purchase or lease of real property pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(5); and the setting of a price for sale or lease of City-owned property pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(6).
Organizations in this Story
520 Jackson Avenue
Charleston, IL - 61920