Mattoon City Council to discuss consent agenda
Members of the Mattoon City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. today, Sept. 20.
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by the Mattoon City Council:
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
September 20, 2016
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting September 6, 2016.
2. Bills and Payroll for the first half of September, 2016.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
- Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
- Presentation: Acknowledging Kenneth Wooddell’s years of volunteer service with the City of Mattoon
1. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1717: Ratifying the re-appointments of Scott Gradle, Mike Kallis, and Julia Colombo; and appointments of Christina Browning and Amanda Standerfer to the Mattoon Arts Council for terms expiring September 30, 2018. (Hall)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1718: Approving the expenditure of $41,775.00 in construction changes for the Marshall Avenue Project. (Graven) 14-00266-00-PV
3. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2016-2974: Authorizing the MFT expenditure of $42,000 for pavement removal and replacement on Marshall Avenue from 6th to 9th Street, including storm sewer, curb and gutter, sidewalk repairs, and driveways – Marshall Avenue Project. (Graven) 14-00266-00-PV
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1719: Authorizing the purchase of a 2017 Ford Taurus SE Detective Package in the amount of $17,621 from Landmark Ford for the Mattoon Police Department. (Gover)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1720: Authorizing the purchase of a 2017 Ford Utility Police Interceptor AWD in the amount of $31,111 from Landmark Ford for the Mattoon Police Department. (Gover)
6. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1721: Approving a $7,000 grant by the Tourism Advisory Committee from hotel/motel tax funds to the Mattoon YMCA for hosting three events: The Last Tri; Ghouls in the Pool; and Girls Run 5K to be held October 2, October 29 and November 12, 2016 respectively; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
7. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1722: Awarding the 2017 Water Treatment Plant chemical bids to:
USALCO Alum @ $0.1809/pound
Brenntag Mid-South & Hawkins Ammonium Sulfate @ $0.2950/pound
Polydyne Cationic Polymer @ $0.3800/pound
JCI Jones Chlorine @ $0.1890/pound
Hawkins Fluoride @ $0.3250/pound
Shannon Chemical Permanganate @ $0.8240/pound
Hawkins Phosphate Blend @ $0.4391/pound; and,
Thatcher Powdered Activated Carbon @ $0.5546/pound. (Cox)
8. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2016-5390: Amending Chapter 72 of the municipal code regarding parking regulations on City Right-of-Way and on the Boulevard. (Cox)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Recess to closed session pursuant to the Illinois Open Meetings Act for the purpose of the discussion of litigation under Section 2(c)(11) that is affecting the City of Mattoon (5 ILCS 120(2)(c)(11)). (Gover)