Mattoon council amends penalties for cannabis possession
The Mattoon City Council met Tuesday to amend the municipal code as it pertains to possession of less than 10 grams of cannabis.
The Mattoon City Council consists of four members and the mayor, who acts as the city's CEO. Council meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 208 N. 19th St.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the city:
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
September 6, 2016
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No
separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting August 16, 2016 and Special Meeting August 30, 2016.
2. Fire Department report for the month of August, 2016.
3. Bills and Payroll for the last half of August, 2016.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
? Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2016-5388: Amending Section 133.11(C) of Chapter 133 Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Synthetic Alternative Drugs of the Municipal Code to regulate 10 grams or less of cannabis.
2. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2016-5389: Amending Sections 95.01 and 95.06 of Chapter 95: Nuisances of the Municipal Code to provide for regulation of the storage of materials and failure to comply citations. (Gover)
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1714: Approving the employment of Brett W. Hall as a probationary patrol officer pending successful completion of exams and evaluations, effective September 27, 2016.
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1715: Ratifying the re-appointments of Chris Considine, Justin Grady, Rich Fanelli, and Stephanie Packard and the appointment of Blake Fairchild to the Tourism Committee for terms ending 09/01/2019. (Hall)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1716: Approving and authorizing the purchase of Fire Rescue Pumper in the amount of $564,626 from Banner Fire Equipment Inc.; and authorizing the Mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
6. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2016-2973: Authorizing the MFT expenditure in the amount of $14,500 for an environmental, noise, and accident analysis along Dettro Drive at IL-16 as requested by IDOT and surveying fees; and authorizing the Public Works Director to sign the Professional Services Proposal/Agreement – Amendment #1 and Amendment #2. (Graven) 13-00259-00-PV
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL - 61938