Charleston City Council prepares for tonight's meeting
The Charleston City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. today, Aug. 2.
"The City Council is the duly elected legislative and policy-making body of the City of Charleston. The fundamental job of the City Council is to make policy decisions for the City based on relevant and accurate information received from the full-time City Manager and his staff. Committees and Advisory Boards of the City Council render recommendations to the full body regarding municipal projects, facilities, services, finance and personnel as well as issues of health, safety, and welfare of the community at large. The City Council solicits and receives the support of many volunteer citizen committees to ensure a democratic, citizen-centered process."
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by the Charleston City Council:
CALL TO ORDER
READING AGENDA – ADDITIONS/DELETIONS
AUTHORIZATION TO PARTICIPATE IN MEETING VIA REMOTE ACCESS
CONSENT AGENDA – ITEMS DESIGNATED BY (*)
Illinois local governments may adopt by a single roll call vote ordinances, resolutions, motions and orders. Any Council Member or the Mayor may request that any item proposed not be included in that vote but considered separately.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1) *MINUTES: Regular City Council Meeting held on July 19, 206.
2) *PAYROLL: Regular Pay Period for July 23, 2016.
3) *BILLS PAYABLE: August 5, 2016.
4) *PROCLAMATION: Recognizing the Week of August 7-13, 2016, as National Farmers Market Week.
5) ORDINANCE: Amending the City Code of Ordinances Concerning Title 3: business and License Regulations; Chapter 3: Alcoholic Beverages; Section 13: Restriction on and Conditions of License & Section 16: Underaged persons.
6) ORDINANCE: Amending the City Code of Ordinances Concerning Title 5: Public Safety; Chapter 4: Minors; Section 2: Tobacco Sales to Minors.
7) ORDINANCE: Approving Concept Plan for the Purpose of Indoor Storage Facility at 11665 Old State Road (Owen Motorsports Vehicle Sales).
8) PRESENTATION: Fire Chief Steve Bennett will recognize Damion Knorr, 12, for staying calm in the face of a calamity on June 1, 2016, that sent one person to the hospital. Damion reacted in a manner that stopped the spread of the fire
PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS:
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for anyone wishing to address Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/1) mandates NO action shall be taken on matters not listed on this agenda, but Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on a subsequent agenda. Please provide City Clerk with name & address; speak into microphone; limit presentation to 3 minutes; and avoid repetitious comments. Thank you.
Organizations in this Story
520 Jackson Avenue
Charleston, IL - 61920