Charleston City Council meets to discuss payroll, action items
Members of the Charleston City Council met at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 19.
"The City Council is the duly elected legislative and policy-making body of the City of Charleston. The fundamental job of the City Council is to make policy decisions for the City based on relevant and accurate information received from the full-time City Manager and his staff. Committees and Advisory Boards of the City Council render recommendations to the full body regarding municipal projects, facilities, services, finance and personnel as well as issues of health, safety, and welfare of the community at large. The City Council solicits and receives the support of many volunteer citizen committees to ensure a democratic, citizen-centered process."
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Charleston City Council:
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
520 Jackson Avenue
July 19, 2016 – 6:30 pm
CALL TO ORDER
READING AGENDA – ADDITIONS/DELETIONS
AUTHORIZATION TO PARTICIPATE IN MEETING VIA REMOTE ACCESS
CONSENT AGENDA – ITEMS DESIGNATED BY (*)
Illinois local governments may adopt by a single roll call vote ordinances, resolutions, motions and orders. Any Council Member or the Mayor may request that any item proposed not be included in that vote but considered separately.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1) *MINUTES: Regular and Executive City Council Meetings held on July 5, 2016.
2) *PAYROLL: Regular Pay Period for July 9, 2016.
3) *BILLS PAYABLE: July 22, 2016.
4) *COMPTROLLER'S REPORT: June 2016.
5) *RAFFLE LICENSE: VFW Post 1592 Men's Auxiliary monthly drawings from July through December 2016 at the Charleston VFW, 1821 20th Street, to raise funds for various Charitable Functions.
6) *RESOLUTION: Authorizing the Release of Closed Session Meetings.
7) *RESOLUTION: Authorizing the Destruction of Audio or Video Recordings of Closed Session Meetings.
8) ORDINANCE: Amending Ordinance Title 6-2-10: No Parking on East Side of 2nd Street from Taylor Avenue to Polk Avenue.
9) RESOLUTION: Entering into an Intergovernmental Agreement for a Cooperative Mosquito Abatement Program between the City of Charleston and the Coles County Health Department.
10) ORDINANCE: Amending the City Code of Ordinances Concerning Title 3: Business and License Regulations; Chapter 3: Alcoholic Beverages; Section 13: Restrictions on & Conditions of License and Section 16: Underaged Persons.
11) ORDINANCE: Amending the City Code of Ordinances Concerning Title 5: Public Safety, Chapter 4: Minors, Section 2: Tobacco Sales to Minors.
PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS:
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for anyone wishing to address Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/1) mandates NO action shall be taken on matters not listed on this agenda, but Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on a subsequent agenda. Please provide City Clerk with name & address; speak into microphone; limit presentation to 3 minutes; and avoid repetitious comments. Thank you.
Organizations in this Story
520 Jackson Avenue
Charleston, IL - 61920