Oblong Community Unified School District 4 reviews approval of bills, resolutions
Members of the Oblong Community Unified School District 4 met at 7 p.m. Monday, June 20.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by Oblong Community Unified School District 4:
OBLONG COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT #4
BOARD OF EDUCATION
June 20, 2016
Oblong Elementary School Oblong Room
600 W. Main St.
Oblong, IL 62449
A. Call to Order - 7:00 P.M.
B. Roll Call
D. Comments from employees and public (Any person wishing to speak on any action item on the agenda will be granted five minutes to make their presentation.)
E. Adoption of Consent Agenda
Action by the Board of Education in adoption of the Consent Agenda at this point of the agenda means that all items appearing in the agenda which have asterisks (*) in the right hand column (which items constitute the consent agenda) are adopted by one single motion unless a member requests the withdrawal of any item under the consent grouping for independent consideration contingent upon approval by majority of a quorum of the Board. Generally consent agenda items are matters which the Board and Superintendent consent are routine in nature and focus on other-than-routine matters on the regular agenda.
F. ACTION ITEMS
1. Disposition of regular, special and/or closed session minutes *
2. Financial Report *
3. Payment of Bills *
1. Committee Reports
2. Academic Foundation Report
3. Discuss and Approve Policies
1. Appoint Jane Attaway as Treasurer and approve purchase of Treasure's Bond.
2. Approve resolution to transfer Working Cash interest to the Education Fund.
3. Discuss and approve dates and times for Board of Education meetings and Committee meetings for the 2016-2017 school year.
4. Authorize Superintendent to bid milk, bread, & fuel. *
5. Approve Prevailing Wage Resolution. *
6. Discuss and approve Substitute Handbook.
7. Discuss and approve Student Handbook.
8. Discuss and approve Athletic Trainer services contract
9. Authorize Superintendent to seek bids on a 1997 20 passenger bus and a 1996 7 passenger van.
10. To go into closed session to discuss appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees and student discipline.
11. Take action upon appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance,or dismissal of specific employees and student discipline.