Arcola Public Library District debates need for additional security
Members of the Arcola Public Library District met Monday, April 11.
"The Arcola Carnegie Public Library District exists to serve the people of the district including people of all ages, organizations, school, businesses, churches, and other libraries. The purpose of the Arcola Carnegie Public Library District is to provide excellent educational, informational and recreational resources (books, programs, computersand more) for all to enjoy."
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Arcola Public Library District:
April 11, 2016 Board of Trustees Meeting
Arcola Carnegie Public Library District
Those present - Jeff Saunders, Robert Arrol, Mark Eadie, Allen Yoder, Debbie Sosamon,
Debbie Nacke, Cheryl Switzer (Library Director), Tina Vandeveer (Bookkeeper).
Absent - Rick Edwards
President Jeff Saunders called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
• Minutes from the March meeting were presented and reviewed.
• Motion was made by Arrol to accept, second by Yoder, motion carried.
• Financial report from the month of March was presented and reviewed.
• Motion to approve report and pay bills by Yoder, second by Sosamon, motion carried.
• Report submitted and reviewed.
• Miller Drywall was contacted for repair estimate on the various cracks in ceiling
plaster, water damage from dome leak and basement repair issues. An estimate of
$1,800 or less was given for all. Motion was made by Eadie to accept the bid and
have all repairs made. Yoder seconded and the motion passed.
• The need to hire a Janitor and a Substitute Clerk/Receptionist was addressed. Arrol
made a motion that we place Job opening ads in the paper for applications to fill these
positions. Second to the motion was made by Yoder and the motion carried. Eadie will
assure ads are placed for two weeks in the Record-Herald.
• After a report of unwanted nocturnal activity on the East side stairwell, the need for
additional security in the area was suggested. Mike Arthur will be contacted to
recommend possible solutions to the dimly lit lower stairwell area.
• Motion to adjourn at 6:40 p.m. by Yoder, second from Eadie, motion carried.
Mark Eadie, secretary
Organizations in this Story
407 East Main Street
Arcola, IL - 61910