Mattoon City Council met August 15.
Mattoon City Council met Aug. 15.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting August 1, 2017.
2. Bills and Payroll for the first half of August, 2017.
Presentations, Petitions and Communications
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
· Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-3000: Recertifying Elected Officials’ participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). (Gover)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1786: Authorizing the promotion of Sgt. Jeffrey Wines to rank of Lieutenant effective September 02, 2017 due to the retirement of David Vanderport. (Gover)
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1787: Authorizing the promotion of Officer Donald Sweeney to rank of Sergeant effective September 02, 2017 due to the retirement of David Vanderport. (Gover)
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1788: Authorizing the purchase of one 2018 Chevrolet Impala Administrative Package Police vehicle from Miles Chevrolet in the amount of $23,479 for the Mattoon Police Department. (Gover)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1789: Approving a $3,000 grant by the Tourism Advisory Committee from FY17/18 hotel/motel tax funds to the Mattoon YMCA for the Girls on the Run Event to be held November 11, 2017; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
6. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1790: Approving a $3,000 grant by the Tourism Advisory Committee from FY17/18 hotel/motel tax funds to the Mattoon Santa Chase for its Half Marathon and 5K Race to be held November 18, 2017; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement.(Hall)
City Administrator/Community Development
Arts and Tourism
Comments by the Council
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL - 61938