Charleston City Council votes on ordinance to amend sewer and water rates
Charleston City Council met Tuesday, April 4.
Here is the agenda as provided by Charleston:
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
520 Jackson Avenue
April 4, 2017 – 6:30 pm
CALL TO ORDER
READING AGENDA – ADDITIONS/DELETIONS
AUTHORIZATION TO PARTICIPATE IN MEETING VIA REMOTE ACCESS
CONSENT AGENDA – ITEMS DESIGNATED BY (*)
Illinois local governments may adopt by a single roll call vote ordinances, resolutions, motions and orders. Any Council Member or the Mayor may request that any item proposed not be included in that vote but considered separately.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1) *MINUTES: Public Hearing and Regular City Council Meeting held on March 21, 2017.
2) *PAYROLL: Regular Pay Period for March 18, 2017.
3) *BILLS PAYABLE: April 7, 2017.
4) *RAFFLE LICENSE: Charleston Baseball Association on June 30, 2017, at the Seaton Fields Complex,109 N Division & 111 N Division, at the game to raise funds for equipment and field upgrades.
5) *RAFFLE LICENSE: 5 O'Clock Floozies on May 24, 2017, at Lefty's Holler, 727 7th Street, to raise funds for funeral expenses of Jerry Wilson.
6) *PROCLAMATION: Recognizing the Month of April as Parliamentary Law Month.
7) *PROCLAMATION: Recognizing the Week of April 9-15, 2017, as National Library Week.
8) *PROCLAMATION: Recognizing April 28, 2017 as Arbor Day.
9) *PROCLAMATION: Recognizing the Month of May 2017 as Mental Health Awareness Month.
10) ORDINANCE: An Ordinance Licensing Solicitors, Transient Merchants, and Transient Vendors.
11) ORDINANCE: Amending Ordinance Title 4, Chapter 1, Section 2: Ambulance Rates.
12) ORDINANCE: Amending Title 6-2-11: Time Limit Parking.
13) ORDINANCE: Amending Title 8-3-2: Sewer and Water Rates.
14) RESOLUTION: Approving Execution of Energy and Sustainability Services Agreement.
15) ORDINANCE: Authorizing Acceptance of Personal Property Donation.
PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS:
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for anyone wishing to address Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/1) mandates NO action shall be taken on matters not listed on this agenda and Council is not required to take any action or discuss the matter further. Typically, however, the Mayor and Council may direct staff to further investigate the matter or suggest that the matter be brought forward for action on a subsequent agenda. The Open Meetings Act allows the Council to pass rules concerning the manner of public comment, and our Council has adopted rules for that purpose. Copies of the rules may be found at the Clerk’s office. We request that you sign up with the Clerk ahead of time and provide the City Clerk with your name & address before speaking in order to assist us with the orderly conduct of the Public Comment portion of the meeting; however, neither signing up nor giving your name and address is a mandatory prerequisite for you to address the Council. Please speak into the microphone; limit presentation to 3 minutes; and avoid repetitious comments. Thank you.
Organizations in this Story
520 Jackson Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920