Mattoon City Council holds business meeting, discusses MFT expenditures
Mattoon City Council met Tuesday, Feb. 21.
The Mattoon City Council consists of four members and the mayor, who acts as the city's CEO. Council meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 208 N. 19th St.
Here is the agenda as provided by Mattoon:
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
February 21, 2017
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting February 7, 2017 and Special Meeting February 10, 2017.
2. Bills and Payroll for the first half of February, 2017.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion - Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1737: Approving the cost proposal in the amount of $36,000 from Crawford, Murphy & Tilly for the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) Upgrades at the Water Treatment Plant; and authorizing the mayor to sign the proposal. (Cox)
2. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-2978: Authorizing an additional $25,000 in Motor Fuel Tax expenditures for 2017 Street Maintenance; approving the revised 2017 Municipal Estimate of Maintenance Costs; and authorizing the mayor and city clerk to sign the documents. (Graven) 17-00000-00-GM
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1738: Approving Change Order #2 in the amount of $20,428.25 for the CSO Treatment Facility Project. (Cox) Satellite Treatment Facility - Riley Creek
4. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1739: Approving an additional $25,000 expenditure for the SCADA System at the CSO Satellite Treatment Facility – Riley Creek. (Cox)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1740: Approving a $3,000 grant by the Tourism Advisory Committee from hotel/motel tax funds to the Charleston Mattoon Weightlifting Club for hosting the Illinois State Weightlifting Championships and Mattoon Open Weightlifting Championship to be held on April 22, 2017; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
6. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1741: Approving a $3,000 grant by the Tourism Advisory Committee from hotel/motel tax funds to the Mattoon YMCA for hosting Illinois State Weightlifting Championships and Mattoon Open Weightlifting Championship to be held April 21 and 22, 2017; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
7. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1742: Approving a $3,000 grant by the Bagelfest Budget/Festival Management to the Mattoon YM CA for the 2017 Run for the Bagel to be held July 22, 2017; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
8. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-2979: Approving a Mutual Release and Ongoing Cooperation Agreement between the City of Mattoon and the Lincoln Fire Protection District for distribution of taxes for annexed areas; and authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement. (Hall)
9. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2017-1743: Approving a proposal from Upchurch Group in the amount of $87,777.11 for preliminary engineering and design fees for the reconstruction of Marshall Avenue from 9th to 14th Street; and authorizing the mayor to sign the document. (Graven) 14-00266-02-PV
10. Motion – Adopt Resolution No. 2017-2980: Approving a Motor Fuel Tax expenditure of $90,000 for design engineering services by the Upchurch Group for the reconstruction of Marshall Avenue from 9th to 14th Street.
11. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2017-1653: Authorizing the mayor to sign an outright grant agreement by and between the City of Mattoon and Jasper Holdings reimbursing up to $59,364 from Mid-town TIF Revenues for the sole purpose of façade improvements, structural repairs and electrical code updates to a building located at 118 South 17th Street; and authorizing the mayor to sign the grant agreement. (Owen)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL - 61938