Mattoon City Council considers ordinance to update the city's electrical code
Mattoon City Council met at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 20.
Here is the agenda as provided by Mattoon:
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
December 20, 2016
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting December 6, 2016.
2. Bills and Payroll for the first half of December, 2016.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
Mattoon Middle School - Ready to Read Across Mattoon
1. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2016-5391: Ratifying the Mattoon Code of Ordinances to update the City’s Electrical Code with local amendments. (Gover)
2. Motion – Adopt Ordinance No. 2016-5392: Ratifying the maximum allowable for travel, meal, and lodging expenses by members of the governing board and City employees. (PA 99-604) (Owen)
3. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2016-1648: Declaring personal property owned by the municipality surplus and authorizing the sale or disposal of the property. (Gover)
4. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2016-1649: Authorizing the Mayor to sign an outright grant agreement by and between the City of Mattoon and Cole Harmon reimbursing up to $45,000 from Mid-town TIF Revenues for the sole purpose of façade improvements and architectural fees; and authorizing the mayor to sign the grant agreement. (Owen)
5. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1731: Ratifying the Mattoon Public Library Board appointments of Jennifer Bullock for a term ending 06/30/2019 and Carla Bradbury for a term ending 06/30/2018.
6. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1732: Ratifying the re-appointments of Jeff Collings, Mark Cox, and Cheryl Sweet and the appointment of Kirk Miller to the Public Works Advisory Board with terms ending 12/31/2019. (Gover)
7. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1733: Authorizing the purchase of one 2017 Ford Utility Police Interceptor AWD vehicle from Landmark Ford in the amount of $30,710.10 for the Mattoon Police Department. (Gover)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL 61938