Lawrence library board reviews summer reading program
The Lawrence Public Library Board of Trustees met Oct. 18 to review the summer reading program.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the board:
Lawrence Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting Regular Meeting, 7 p.m./Public Library Date: 10/18/2016
The Lawrence Public Library Board of Trustees met for its regular monthly meeting. Vice President Mike Neal called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. Board members present were: Mike Neal, Cyndi Hays-Morris, John White, Luanne Negley, Susan Moore, and Sue Schultz. Absent: Marilyn Wagner
I. Recognition of Visitors
A. Terrie Tucker (library director)
II. Approval of Minutes
A. Motioned by Susan to approve the minutes as emailed, seconded by Sue. Motion carried.
III. Financial Report
A. Accountant's Report—reviewed as submitted.
B. Claims: Motioned by Sue to approve the claims, Susan seconded. Roll call motioned carried.
IV. Director's Report
A. Reviewed by Terrie Tucker
1. A reminder was given that elections are coming up. Mike, Susan, Sue, and Marilyn's terms are up. Susan, Sue and Marilyn do not plan to run again.
2. Surety Bond Insurance—it will probably be increased when the insurance coverage is renewed.
V. Youth/Programs Director's Report
A. Reviewed by Terrie Tucker
1. The "Jane Austen Speaks" program was well attended. Those in attendance would like to see more such programs.
2. The adult book club is very successful and will be meeting to discuss the reading list for 2017.
3. The summer reading program schedule was reviewed.
4. The Rotary Club is interested in donating funds to purchase a bench for the Library's front entrance.
VI. Unfinished Business
A. Tim Raibley from ADG
1. A letter was submitted from Mr. Raibley concerning a proposal to revisit the building design, a phased solution concerning the window issues. They will estimate a project budget and present the information to the board.
a. Susan motioned we accept his proposal for architectural services stated in the letter at a cost of $1800. Luanne seconded. Roll call motion passed.
B. Personnel Committee has not yet met
C. Policy committee met and will be in the process of revising and adding to the manual. They will present a draft in the future to the board for review.
D. John White stated Jim Ralston is scheduled to replace the damaged siding on the west and north gables before winter.
VII. New Business
A. Per Capita Grant Requirement
1. Discussion on meeting the current needs of the community: Terrie feels the library is doing a good job in this area. An example is the Jane Austin program. The staff also helps patrons with their technology and navigating the computers. Our library also participates in a worldwide loan program. B. Mike mentioned the annual levy ordinance needs to be on the November agenda
VIII. Truth In-Taxation Compliance—not needed
IX. Other Business--none
X. Executive Session—not needed
Cynthia Hays-Morris, Secretary
Organizations in this Story
814 12th St
Lawrenceville, IL 62439-2706
814 12th Street
Lawrenceville, IL 62439