Mattoon City Council to take action on police department promotions
Mattoon City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1.
Here is the agenda as provided by Mattoon:
CITY OF MATTOON, ILLINOIS
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
November 1, 2016
6:30 PM BUSINESS MEETING
Pledge of Allegiance
Items listed on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion of these items will occur unless a Council Member requests the item to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item is removed from the Consent Agenda, it will be considered elsewhere on the agenda for this meeting. Prior to asking for a motion to approve the Consent Agenda, the Mayor will ask if anyone desires to remove an item from the Consent Agenda for public discussion.
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting October 18, 2016.
2. Bills and Payroll for the last half of October, 2016.
PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for persons who desire to address the Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act mandates that the City Council may NOT take action on comments received on matters that have not been identified on this agenda, but the Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on the agenda for another meeting. Persons addressing the Council are requested to limit their presentations to three minutes and to avoid repetitious comments. We would ask you to state your name for the record as well as stand when speaking.
Public comments/presentations and non-agenda items
1. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1726: Authorizing the promotion of Lt. Richard Herman to rank of Captain effective November 12, 2016 due to the retirement of Eric Finley. (Gover)
2. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1727: Authorizing the promotion of Sgt. John D. McCain to rank of Lieutenant effective November 12, 2016 due to the retirement of Eric Finley. (Gover)
3. Motion – Approve Council Decision Request 2016-1728: Authorizing the promotion of Officer John Hedges to rank of Sergeant effective November 12, 2016 due to the retirement of Eric Finley. (Gover)
4. Motion – Adopt Special Ordinance No. 2016-1633: Declaring personal property owned by the municipality surplus and authorizing the sale or disposal of the property. (Gover)
CITY ADMINISTRATOR/COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
ARTS AND TOURISM
COMMENTS BY THE COUNCIL
Organizations in this Story
208 North 19th Street
Mattoon, IL 61938