Robinson library board elects new officers
The Robinson Public Library District Board of Trustees met Sept. 17 to elect new officers.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the board:
Minutes from the September 17, 2016 Board of Trustees Meeting
Robinson Public Library District
Board of Trustees
September 17, 2016
President Bob Laswell called the meeting of the Robinson Public Library District’s Board of Trustees to order at 8:40 a.m. on Saturday, September 17, 2016, in the Carnegie Room of the Robinson Public Library.
Members Present: Bob Laswell, Debbie Walls, Debbie Scott and Michael Garrard
Members Absent: Elmer Hale, Keith Boyd and Wendy Kastner
Staff Present: Breyanna Weaver and Jerry Barker
Guest Present: Jodi Truitt, Kemper CPA
Jodi Truitt, Kemper CPA: Audit Report FY2016 – The Board of Trustees reviewed the FY16 Audit presented by Jodi Truitt, Kemper CPA, expressing a clean opinion.
Public Comments: No public in attendance.
Minutes of the August 2016 Meeting: The August 20, 2016 meeting minutes stand approved as printed.
1. Check Register: After review, a motion was made by Debbie Walls and seconded by Debbie Scott, “that the August 2016 check registers be approved.” The motion carried.
2. Aged Payables: The Board reviewed the August 2016 aged payables report.
3. Income & Budget Statement: After Board review, the August 2016 financials are filed for audit.
4. Investments and Reserves: The Board reviewed the District’s August 2016 investments, rates, reserves, interest income and check register details.
5. Levy Ordinance 2016-6: The Board reviewed and discussed the Levy Ordinance 2016-6. Debbie Walls made a motion and Debbie Scott seconded, “that the Levy Ordinance 2016-6 is approved.” The motion passed.
6. Annual Report FY2016: The Annual Treasurers Report FY2016 was reviewed by the Board. After brief discussion, Debbie Scott made a motion and
Debbie Walls seconded, “that the Annual Treasurer’s Report FY2016 is approved.” The motion carried.
1. Old Business: NA
a. Other Old Business: - NA
2. New Business:
a. Appointment of Election of Officers - Bob Laswell appointed Breyanna Weaver and Michelle Blair Election Officers.
b. Computer Equipment Upgrade – After explanation of the Oblong Library upgrades needed, Debbie Walls made a motion and Michael Garrard seconded, “that the Lazerware purchase price $1975.70 quote on computer upgrades is approved.” The motion carried.
c. New Year’s Holiday – After Breyanna Weaver explained January 2, 2017 is the Federal Holiday this coming year for New Year’s Day, Debbie Walls made a motion and Debbie Scott seconded, “that Robinson Public Library District adopt the same holiday, closing January 2, 2017.” The motion passed.
d. Other New Business - NA
* Our annual fire extinguisher inspection is complete.
* FE Moran performed the annual inspection of fire and security equipment and found all in good order.
* Munson completed repair of window and seal.
* Election packets will be available beginning September 20 at the library.
* Robinson’s Winter Hours began September 6. Branch hours remain the same.
§ Hours: Monday – Thursday 10a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Oct 10 Columbus Day (Closed )
Oct 15 Board Meeting
Oct 25 Silly Safari’s Not So Scary Animal Show
Nov 3 Stuffed Animal Sleepover
Nov 11 Veteran’s Day (Closed)
Nov 19 Board Meeting
Nov 24 Thanksgiving Day (Closed)
Dec 17 Board & Endowment Meetings
Dec 24 Christmas Eve (Closed)
Dec 26 Christmas Day Observance (Closed)
Monthly Reports: All reports were reviewed by the Board.
1. Robinson Public Library Children’s Report
2. Susie Wesley Memorial Library
3. Hutsonville Public Library
4. Oblong Public Library
Books Ordered in August
Announcements: The next Board Meeting is Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
Adjournment: President Bob Laswell adjourned the meeting at 10:00 a.m.
Organizations in this Story
606 North Jefferson Street
Robinson, IL 62454