Charleston City Council discuss Fire Prevention Week
The Charleston City Council met Sept. 20 to discuss Fire Prevention Week.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the city:
Download PDF Packet Print Agenda Return
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
520 Jackson Avenue
September 20, 2016 – 6:30 pm
CALL TO ORDER
READING AGENDA – ADDITIONS/DELETIONS
AUTHORIZATION TO PARTICIPATE IN MEETING VIA REMOTE ACCESS
CONSENT AGENDA – ITEMS DESIGNATED BY (*)
Illinois local governments may adopt by a single roll call vote ordinances, resolutions, motions and orders. Any Council Member or the Mayor may request that any item proposed not be included in that vote but considered separately.
PUBLIC HEARING: A public meeting regarding the application of the City of Charleston for an Illinois Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) will be conducted at 6:00 pm.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1) *MINUTES: Regular City Council Meeting for September 6, 2016.
2) *PAYROLL: Regular Pay Period for September 3, 2016.
3) *BILLS PAYABLE: September 23, 2016.
4) *COMPTROLLER'S REPORT: August 2016.
5) *PROCLAMATION: Recognizing October 9-15, 2016, as Fire Prevention Week.
6) *RAFFLE LICENSE: Charleston Area Dog Club on September 24, 2016, to raise funds for a Dog Training Facility.
7) RESOLUTION: Approving Street Closure for Charleston Challenge 40-Mile Relay Foot Race on November 5, 2016.
8) ORDINANCE: Granting Petition of Paul & Erin Brown for Variance of Title 10-7-4: Maximum Building Height of an Accessory Building at 280 Coolidge Avenue.
9) RESOLUTION: Authorizing Support for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Grant Application.
10) RESOLUTION: Authorizing Execution of Renewal of Agreement with Illinois Department of Revenue for Alcoholic Liquor Enforcement Pilot Program.
11) ANNOUNCEMENT: Mayor's Appointment of Timothy Keefe to a 3-Year Term on the Charleston Carnegie Board of Trustees.
12) ANNOUNCEMENT: Mayor's Re-Appointment of Reed Benedict to a 3-Year Term on the Fire & Police Board of Commissioners.
PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS & COMMUNICATIONS:
This portion of the City Council meeting is reserved for anyone wishing to address Council. The Illinois Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/1) mandates NO action shall be taken on matters not listed on this agenda, but Council may direct staff to address the topic or refer the matter for action on a subsequent agenda. Please provide City Clerk with name & address; speak into microphone; limit presentation to 3 minutes; and avoid repetitious comments. Thank you.
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2016 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved
Organizations in this Story
520 Jackson Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920