Oblong Community Unified School District 4 board outlines duties
The Oblong Community Unified School District 4 board of education met at 7 p.m. Monday, July 18.
"The board of education is elected by the community to govern the school district. The board is comprised of seven members. In general, board members are elected to 4-year terms of office. The Oblong Community Unit School District #4 is a member of the Illinois Association of School Boards (IASB). The IASB outlines the following as duties of a school board: the board clarifies the district's purpose, connects with the community, employs a superintendent, delegates authority, monitors performance and takes responsibility for itself."
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Oblong Community Unified School District 4 board of education:
OBLONG COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT #4
BOARD OF EDUCATION
July 18, 2016
Oblong Elementary Oblong Room
600 W. Main St.
Oblong, IL 62449
A. Call to Order - 7:00 P.M.
B. Roll Call
D. Comments from employees and public
(Any person wishing to speak on any action item on the agenda will be granted five minutes to make their presentation.)
E. Adoption of Consent Agenda
Action by the Board of Education in adoption of the Consent Agenda at this point of the agenda means that all items appearing in the agenda which have asterisks (*) in the right hand column (which items constitute the consent agenda) are adopted by one single motion unless a member requests the withdrawal of any item under the consent grouping for independent consideration contingent upon approval by majority of a quorum of the Board. Generally consent agenda items are matters which the Board and Superintendent consent are routine in nature and focus on other-than-routine matters on the regular agenda.
F. ACTION ITEMS
1. Disposition of regular, special and/or closed session minutes *
2. Financial Report *
3. Payment of Bills *
1. Committee Reports
2. Academic Foundation Report
3. Approve Grade School and High School Handbooks.
1. Approve bids for fuel, milk and bakery products.
2. Discuss and take action on used vehicle bids.
3. Approve Dave Parker to be in charge of the District in the absence of the Superintendent.
4. Approve District Volunteer Program, Procedure and Volunteer Handbook.
5. Approve Administrative Guidelines for employees for the 2016-2017 school year.
6. Discuss and approve Academic Foundation request to host Donkey Basketball on October 12, 2016 in Oblong Grade School gymnasium.
7. Discuss lease agreement for the Driver’s Education car for the 2016-2017 school year.
8. Discuss and approve Concussion Protocol and Return to Learn Procedure.
9. Review Closed Session minutes from January 2016 – June 2016.
10. To go into closed session to discuss appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees, student discipline.
11. Take action upon appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees, student discipline.
Organizations in this Story
PO Box 40
Oblong, IL - 62449