Lawrence Public Library District trustees deliberate on annual review of Open Meetings Act, Freedom of Information Act
Members of the Lawrence Public Library District board of trustees met Tuesday, April 19.
The board has the responsibility of making and directing the policy of the Library, in accordance at all times with the Laws of the State of Kansas. Its responsibilities include promotion of library interests, securing adequate funds to carry on the work satisfactorily, and the administration and control of library funds, property, and equipment.
Here are the meeting minutes, as provided by the Lawrence Public Library District:
Lawrence Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting
Regular Meeting, 7 p.m. at the Public Library
The Lawrence Public Library Board of Trustees met for its regular monthly meeting.
President Marilyn Wagner called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Board members present were: Marilyn Wagner, Mike Neal, Cyndi Hays-Morris, John White, Luanne Negley, Susan Moore, and Sue Schultz.
I. Recognition of Visitors
A. Terrie Tucker (library director)
II. Approval of Minutes: John motioned, Susan seconded to accept minutes as presented. Motion passed.
III. Financial Report
A. Accountant's Report: Financial reports submitted as of March 31, 2016.
1. The $48,798.23 in the building fund will be transferred to the general fund to cover the flooring costs.
2. It was suggested the dates the CD's are to be renewed be a part of the financial report.
1. A discussion was held concerning the cost of inspections/maintenance checks (these are required by the State of Illinois)
2. No additions or changes to the claims
3. Mike motioned, Sue seconded to approve the claims as presented.
Roll call vote passed.
IV. Director's Report—presented by library director Terrie Tucker.
A. A per capita grant was awarded in the amount of $12,975.72. However, we don't know when we will actually get the funds. It could be next fiscal year.
B. SILGO has dissolved; e-books were transferred to the 3-M service.
This will save the library $2500.
C. The Illinois E-Pay is now closed out.
V. Youth/Programs Director's Report—presented by Library Director Terrie Tucker. Highlights include:
A. Thirty-one attended the Philip Gulley author visit; Parkside 3rd grade class will be visiting; summer reading program registration begins in May; Story Time has been very successful and will end in April. An updated budget was also presented.
VI. Unfinished Business
A. Daytime Security Service (VanGuard)—answers to our questions
1. Cost added would be $38.65 per month (this includes everything)—for the 24 months left on the lease.
2. The $916.49 (to purchase outright) would be a one-time charge. There would not be additional monitoring fees for the panic buttons.
3. A discussion was held as to the need for the panic button.
4. Mike will talk to Chief White about the worst offender and training for staff for response to an active shooter will be looked into.
VII. New Business
A. Wind Damage to North Side of Building—John has talked to Jim Ralston about repairs, but he has not yet got back.
B. Statements of Economic Interest Forms 2016—trustees are to fill out and return to the courthouse.
C. Annual Review of Open Meetings Act & Freedom of Information Act (on-line): completed through public access/Attorney General site. All trustees are encouraged to complete the training/test.
D. Staff Evaluations Completed—reminder to the personnel committee to meet to evaluate the director and decide what to do about raises.
VIII.Truth In-Taxation Compliance—no report
IX. Other Business
A. Decorations for the outside of the building. Do we want a spring/summer wreath? Luanne offered to donate a wreath.
B. Landscaping—Susan will ask Pam if she is going to continue to provide landscaping services.
X. Executive Session—not required
Cynthia Hays-Morris, Secretary
Organizations in this Story
814 12th St
Lawrenceville, IL - 62439-2706