Robinson Public Library District Board approves Final Budget Revision
Members of the Robinson Public Library District Board met Tuesday, April 26.
The board is tasked with deciding on a variety of matters related to the Robinson Public Library District.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Robinson Public Library District Board:
Minutes from the April 16, 2016 meeting of the Board of Trustees.
Robinson Public Library District
Board of Trustees
April 16, 2016
A. President Bob Laswell called the meeting of the Robinson Public Library District’s Board of Trustees to order at 8:06 a.m. on Saturday, March 16, 2016, in the Carnegie Room of the Robinson Public Library.
Members Present: Bob Laswell, Debbie Walls, Debbie Scott and Julie Sandschafer
Members Absent: Elmer Hale, Keith Boyd and Michael Garrard
Staff Present: Breyanna Weaver and Jerry Barker
B. Minutes of the March 2016 Meeting: The March 19, 2016 meeting minutes stand approved as printed.
C. Public Comments: No public in attendance.
1. Check Register: After review, a motion was made by Debbie Scott and seconded by Debbie Walls, “that the March 2016 check registers be approved.” The motion carried.
2. Aged Payables: The Board reviewed the March 2016 aged payables report.
3. Income & Budget Statement: After Board review, the March 2016 financials are filed for audit.
4. Investments and Reserves: The Board reviewed the District’s March 2016 investments, rates, reserves, interest income and check register details.
5. Final Budget Revision: After Board review and brief discussion, Debbie Walls made a motion and Debbie Scott seconded, “that the Final Budget Revision is approved.” The motion carried.
6. Salary 2017: The Trustees reviewed the Salary & Wages FY2017 presented by Breyanna including a 3% or 4% raise. Breyanna Weaver explained the last couple year’s raises were less expecting a minimum wage increase. However since there is no movement in that direction by the State, she recommended the 4% raise. After some discussion, Debbie Walls made a motion and Debbie Scott seconded, “that the 4% Salary and Wages FY2017 is approved. The motion carried.
E. President’s Report:
1. Old Business:
a. Building and Grounds – Greg Parkhurst, Parkhurst Landscaping left a quote of $1,160 for removal of roots and adding top soil. Debbie Scott made a motion and Debbie Walls seconded, “that the Parkhurst Landscaping quote is approved.” The motion passed.
b. Other Old Business: - The Weed Team repaired the ruts in the lawn.
2. New Business:
a. The 5 Year Plan of Service was updated & reviewed by the Trustees.
b. Other New Business -
F. Director’s Report:
We received notice that we have been awarded a 2016 Per Capita Grant in the amount of $11,899.61. Funds may not be available until next year.
Graber Post did come back and install the larger splash guards near the Newlin Hallway as requested. They said that due to the length of the lightning rod cable, they are unable to move it to the edge of the roof.
Tony Droste has finished the walkway and sod. He is waiting on the top soil to be in place before sealing the concrete. Greg Parkhurst has been contacted regarding the soil.
Breyanna has spoken with Jim Lockhart and the Weed Team will be tilling and planting the area of the lawn that was torn up by the construction.
Jim Munson has ordered doors and one pane of glass for the Newlin Hallway. The doors take approximately one month to come in. He did do some repair work and replacement of rotted boards along the outside walls of the hallway. He is going to replace the baseboards in the hallway as well.
Adult Learning Partners will be finished with the prison on April 13, 2016. After speaking with the RCC Education Director, it was decided to end participation as the end of the third quarter (when certificates are handed out) instead of continuing through June and ending mid-term and leaving individuals with unfulfilled hours.
We received a request regarding ALP information. It was complied with.
Hutsonville has been having trouble with their internet due to a piece of equipment owned by the school. The library currently has a modem “on-loan” through the school and a new one has been ordered. It is due to arrive later this month. Lazerware has been working diligently to make sure the problem is resolved.
May 21: Board Meeting
May 30: Memorial Day (Library closed)
May 31: Summer Hours Begin
Monday 10:00 A – 7:00 P
Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 A – 5:30 P
G. Adult Learning Partners: The Board reviewed the March 2016 Adult Learning Partners report.
H. Monthly Reports: All reports were reviewed by the Board.
1. Robinson Public Library Children’s Report
2. Susie Wesley Memorial Library
3. Hutsonville Public Library
4. Oblong Public Library
I. Books Ordered in March
J. May Calendar
K. Announcements: The next Board Meeting is Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
L. Adjournment: President Bob Laswell adjourned the meeting at 9:30 a.m.
Organizations in this Story
606 N. Jefferson St.
Robinson, IL 62454